While I offer a variety of photographic services, my specialty is Children's Portraits & Family Portraits.
About Family Portrait Session
I shoot exclusively outdoors, on location, using sunlight and nature as my "studio". I prefer to shoot in as natural a location as possible... a rural public park, a family farm or even up at the cottage. My shooting style is very casual allowing for an easy, relaxed experience.
When photographing a family, I create a collection of portraits. I photograph individual portraits of each child, the children together, the parent/s with each child and then the entire family together. I shoot both quiet and classic portraits and fun, laughing, goofing around shots. My goal is to create a complete collection of portraits for your family, not just the "family group" shot. My shoots are very relaxed and fun.
Following your shoot, you will be able to view your portraits online in digital proof form and place your order.
Product is purchased separately.
To view an example of a Full Family Portrait Session, please visit this link.
Where, When and Who
- I shoot exclusively outdoors, on location, at a beautiful rural park in NE Richmond Hill (5 minutes off the 404).
- For client requested locations involving travel (further then 30 km. from Newmarket), I charge a travel fee to cover time and expense (M-Thurs only).
- I shoot from mid April thru mid November.
- In the event of poor weather / rain / extreme heat or wind, shoots are rescheduled.
- Family shoots are for families up to 10 members. Additional members are $25. each up to a maximum of 15. I encourage you to include extended family (grandparents / aunts / uncles / cousins) and pets!
- Children's & Family Portraits
- Individual Portraits
- Modelling - Commercial
- Events / Parties
- Professional Headshots
- Commercial Product
- Gift Certificates / Cards
- Family Portrait Session fee: ... 300..
- Digital files are offered within Collections. Collections start at 275..
- Please inquire for specials / sales.
What to wear?
I recommend dressing casually as we do sit in the grass and tend to walk "off trail" into tall grass / marshy areas. Jeans, leather walking shoes, layered tops. Bright colours are great and can add to the "fun" of the shot. For inspiration, please visit my Pinterest page which I've created for clients to get an idea of what to wear. Always make sure that clothing is clean and ironed. Professionally applied make up is a bonus!
What to bring?
A pretty blanket to sit on is a must. One that matches your clothing / colour scheme... because often grass is damp. Snacks / drinks for the little ones are also a good idea. Lint roller, hair brushes, makeup, hair spray, etc... Anything you feel you'll need to be picture perfect!
Poor weather and illness
I allow for up to one request for rescheduling due to illness. Once booked, I charge a re-booking fee of $50. to reschedule (if not illness related). In the event of poor weather (rain, extreme heat, windy), shoots are rescheduled.
Your order will be shipped within 14 business days from the date your order was received. Digital files are transferred to you electronically via DropBox.
All payments are made either by PayPal or eTransfer. I charge HST on all orders.
Copyright / Usage
I retain the copyright, but you have printing rights and can post your images as you'd like (personal use only). The copyright ensures that you may not alter the photos in any way, nor may you enter them in competitions / contests without my permission. For commercial use (website / flyers, etc..) you must purchase usage permission from me, in writing.